The BI Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting ongoing development of the self-serve reporting suite, meeting the needs of all teams up to executive level at OES, ensuring both integrity & usability of the information.
This role is well suited to an individual who is motivated by a fast-paced environment and is looking to broaden their range of skills or re-join the workforce in a full or part time capacity. Please note, this is a 6 month contract.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Utilise Tableau to transform raw data into insights, dashboards, charts, visualisations and forecasts
- Deliver high quality, accurate reports to stakeholders across the business within required timeframes
- Contribute to the ongoing improvements to the data platform and reporting suite
- Support maintenance of the reporting suite and Tableau server environment
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in a professional services or corporate environment in a reporting or Business Intelligence function
- Experience developing reports and dashboards in a BI reporting environment, Tableau preferred
- Experience and strong skills in data manipulation and analysis utilising SQL
- Experience in the utilisation of data warehouses for reporting
- High attention to detail, knowledge of visual reporting best practices
- Ability to operate as part of a team, delivering quality work based on project timelines and standardised development processes
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinker; demonstrating proactive, problem solving initiative and ability to visualise data as insights
- Passionate about data & strong numerical ability
- Highly effective and logical communication style, both verbal and written
Work with us:
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
We move with the times and take pride in empowering and developing our people to be the best they can be. With the changes and challenges Covid-19 has brought about, our People Team and Culture Club remain dedicated to ensuring that our people are feeling connected now more than ever. Post-Covid, we are now enjoying a hybrid model which sees staff enjoying the benefits of working both from home and in our vibrant offices. In 2021, we are looking forward to a fresh change with our upcoming move to the new state of the art SEEK building in Cremorne. By joining OES, you’ll not only be joining a booming industry and organisation, but you will be sure to find your place within an organisation who cares about you, your health and well-being, keeping you socially connected whilst investing in your professional development.
We have a guaranteed interest in innovation and the preservation of our values-based culture, and our students and our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a workplace, we use regular feedback and insights from our people to help inform and boost engagement, and have a dedicated team who ensure we are focused on employee well-being, corporate sustainability and socially interactive activities across the year.