The Data Engineer is responsible for enhancements, BAU, and projects implementation in the Data Warehouse space. The Data Engineer will communicate and advise on best approaches around architecture, data pipelines and data modelling as well as keeping the data warehouse secure and performing to standards.
The Data Engineer will work closely with other data engineers and the internal Analytics team to ensure that data requirements are captured and satisfied through our solutions. We are looking for an absolute team player with a can do attitude
- Support the data project team in design, implementation and delivery of new data sources being brought into the Data Warehouse
- Provide expert advice on data technology solution options, especially around data extraction, transformation and modelling
- Work with the Analytics team to identify new reporting/analytics requirements and how to best implement those
- Design and implement algorithms to process source data into our data warehouse to match the requirements of the Analytics team
- Provide feedback on how to best capture and clean necessary data from the source
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or a related field and minimum 4+ years of relevant professional experience as a Data Engineer within data and analytics domain, for data extraction, ingestion and integration
- Experience with solution architecture, data ingestion, query optimisation, data segregation, ETL, ELT, AWS, EC2, S3, SQS, lambda, Redshift, Redshift Spectrum, Appflow, Airflow, CI/CD frameworks, workflows and orchestration.
- Working knowledge of data platform concepts – data lake, data warehouse, ETL, big data processing (designing and supporting variety/velocity/volume), real time processing architecture for data platforms, scheduling and monitoring of ETL/ELT jobs, building data pipelines from scratch
- Good experience with PostgreSQL and Python programming
- Proficiency in understanding data, entity relationships, structured & unstructured data, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of machine learning and data mining techniques in one or more areas of statistical modelling, text mining and information retrieval.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experienced in designing and implementing dimensional modelling
- Understanding of CRM and Student LMS systems
- Experience in engaging with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Work with us:
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
We move with the times and take pride in empowering and developing our people to be the best they can be. With the changes and challenges Covid-19 has brought about, our People Team and Culture Club remain dedicated to ensuring that our people are feeling connected now more than ever. Post-Covid, we are now enjoying a hybrid model which sees staff enjoying the benefits of working both from home and in our vibrant offices. In 2021, we are looking forward to a fresh change with our upcoming move to the new state of the art SEEK building in Cremorne. By joining OES, you’ll not only be joining a booming industry and organisation, but you will be sure to find your place within an organisation who cares about you, your health and well-being, keeping you socially connected whilst investing in your professional development.
We have a guaranteed interest in innovation and the preservation of our values-based culture, and our students and our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a workplace, we use regular feedback and insights from our people to help inform and boost engagement, and have a dedicated team who ensure we are focused on employee well-being, corporate sustainability and socially interactive activities across the year.