Digital Designer (3-6 month contract)
The position supports and enables the uptake of best practice production of animations, audio, video and digital assets for learning design and provides high-level advice and support to learning designers on the pedagogical use of digital assets.
This role provides strong multimedia experience and expertise in the delivery of varied digital projects that will improve the student and client experience. The role is a collaborative one, requiring you to have healthy interpersonal skills that ensure successful communication to intended audiences.
The digital team works with Learning Designers to design learning experiences that are at the cutting edge of online learning. This will also include building digital assets based on briefs, audio recording and editing, software simulations and demos, training documentation, podcasts and video production, as needed.
Team Lead Learning Design
The key contribution of the Digital Designer is to lead the creation of animations, audio, video and media assets for Learning Design in the OES UK Learning Design team.
This role will:
· Design and develop animations for online courses based on learning design briefs. These briefs will include elements related to core learning design, look and feel, styling, multimedia interfaces and graphic elements.
· Work closely with learning designers to build sophisticated video and animations.
· Produce, source and edit professional quality photographic, video and audio content conforming to international (W3C) standards using industry software that ensures accessibility, re-usability, ease of maintenance and Learning Management System integration.
· Ensure assigned work meets accuracy, quality and deadline delivery requirements.
· Provide professional advice to learning designers in regard to the design and development of multimedia objects for educational purposes.
Team Lead – Learning Design
Lead Learning Designers
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Experience in producing animations, audio and video content for online, learner-centered, flexible education.
· Experience in commercial, industry, or academic creative production environments. (including but not limited to the Adobe Creative Suite).
· Experience in multimedia production and market readiness with an online learning/academic focus.
· Demonstrated experience in innovative production methods and tools for optimised learning delivery online.
· Demonstrated ability to pursue innovative approaches to multimedia-rich interactive content development.
· Demonstrated high standard of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· An appropriate qualification in multimedia/graphic design (experience in educational environments would be highly regarded.
What does success look like?
Excellent attention to detail and dedication to getting projects finished on time, without sacrificing the highest standards of quality and creativity.
- Engaging & vibrant organisational culture
- OES Culture Club – calendar of events
- OES values driven recruitment principles
- OES strategy reflects respect, honesty & diversity
- Continuous improvement through challenging & meaningful work
- High growth industry & strong partner/shareholder backing
- Genuine focus on students