Full Stack Developer
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
You will play a key role in enhancing and maintaining a bespoke virtual learning environment (VLE) with a VueJS frontend and a PHP based microservice backend. In addition, you will work closely with internal and external teams to deliver new software solutions in the education space.
About Online Education Services (OES)
OES is majority owned by a world class product technology company, SEEK PTY, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. The headquarters are based in Melbourne, Australia and the UK teams are based in Edinburgh and London.
Online Education Services (OES) is an online education enabler, working with education partners in providing end to end and standalone solutions for online learning. OES designs, promotes and delivers high-quality programmes online on behalf of its education provider partners. The programs are delivered to students who are unable or prefer not to study on campus. Partners are provided with fit for purpose unbundled standalone services, or a complete range of services to support the full student life-cycle online from marketing and recruitment through to graduation. This includes student administration and support, course design, learning management system hosting and optimisation, assessment management and market insights.
Work with us
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity. By joining OES, you’ll not only be joining a booming industry and global organisation, but you will be sure to find your place within an organisation who cares about you, your health and well-being, keeping you socially connected whilst investing in your professional development.
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Strong working knowledge of HTML and CSS/SASS/LESS
- Strong working knowledge of PHP
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Linux based server administration including Nginx or Apache
- Experience creating and maintaining RESTful APIs
- Experience using Git and taking part in code reviews
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and tools
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of VueJS or React
- Working knowledge of Symfony and SLIM PHP frameworks
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies (EC2, RDS, S3, Lambda)
- Engaging & vibrant organisational culture
- Flexible working environment
- OES Culture Club – calendar of events
- OES values driven recruitment principles
- OES strategy reflects respect, honesty & diversity
- Continuous improvement through challenging & meaningful work
- High growth industry & strong partner/shareholder backing
- Genuine focus on students