Lead Learning Designer
The Lead Learning Designer is responsible for designing and delivering effective and innovative online modules utilising techniques and strategies to create a best practice student online experience. The role is also responsible for the management of a team (pod) to develop and implement quality online learning programs that comply with OES’s pedagogical model and module quality standards.
- Design and deliver effective and innovative online modules, utilising techniques and strategies to create a best practice student online experience.
- Manage, develop and engage Learning Designers in a Learning Design pod.
- Manage the development of online modules that meet the quality matters standards.
- Manage the identification of pedagogically sound interactives that enhance the online learning experience for OES students.
- Collaborate effectively with University partner Academics and OES colleagues to create resources and learning activities that support learning outcomes and deliver a best practice online student experience.
- Contribute to a professional culture and working environment that is based on the premise that happy and engaged people are essential to the success of the business.
- Lead the creation of learning experiences that are in line with OES’ pedagogical model and quality standards, and that are innovative, engaging, active and learner-centered.
- Effectively manage and prioritise Pod workload and responsibilities to deliver quality modules within workload targets, time and academic constrains.
- Manage pod capacity to ensure staff workloads are allocated to high priority learning design tasks to best achieve quality online learning.
- Reach pragmatic decisions about resource allocation that balance student outcomes with return on investment.
- Support client presentations and meetings to drive organic and new business growth.
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience in tertiary teaching environments that address contemporary approaches to learner-centred, flexible education, including online.
- Mastery of innovative design and delivery methods and tools for online teaching.
- High standard of interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to develop effective stakeholder relationships and influence and engage others outside the team. People management skills and experience are highly regarded.
- Process and project management experience in environments of competing priorities, tight deadlines and multiple stakeholders also highly regarded.
- Engaging & vibrant organisational culture
- Flexible working environment
- OES Culture Club – calendar of events
- OES values driven recruitment principles
- Career-life fit – health & wellbeing focus
- OES strategy reflects respect, honesty & diversity
- Continuous improvement through challenging & meaningful work
- High growth industry & strong partner/shareholder backing
- Genuine focus on students
- Mentoring program
- Leadership & emerging leaders development program