Manager – Information Security
The Manager – Information Security is responsible for the leadership and management of Online Education Services’ security program across the organisation.
The role will work closely with key manager to drive adherence to standards and policies generated as part of the company’s security control framework whilst ensuring operational aspects of Information Security align with OES business requirements and risk position.
- Maintain , update and promote OES Security Control Framework as required
- Deliver agreed Security Program of Work initiatives
- Provide transparent progress of Security Program
- Evolve and promote OES Education and Awareness program
- Ensure security issues are managed and mitigated through to resolution
- Organise and manage audits as required ensuring agreed changes are priorities within existing program of work
- Respond to requests for information from potential partners regarding OES information security maturity
- Based on business needs, identify and recommend business certification to demonstrate adherence with industry standards
- Support and drive key processes for effective Business Continuity and Crisis Management. Plan, coordinate and manage business continuity and disaster recovery activities to ensure plans are effective, maintained and tested.
- Industry certifications such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or Professional (CISP).
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related discipline, with a focus on security highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience leading information security and cyber-risk teams
- Knowledge of security regulations and industry standards such as ISO/IEC 27001, and NIST highly desirable
- Experience in developing business aligned security risk and controls/IT strategies, frameworks, and roadmaps and communicating these.
- Familiarity with modern technologies and security approaches i.e. cloud security technologies, automation
- Proven ability in applying contemporary practices to deliver measurable improvements to an enterprise’s security and compliance posture.
- Strong communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills and a demonstrated effectiveness in a customer facing roles to develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams.
Work with us:
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
We move with the times and take pride in empowering and developing our people to be the best they can be. With the changes and challenges Covid-19 has brought about, our People Team and Culture Club remain dedicated to ensuring that our people are feeling connected now more than ever. Post-Covid, we are now enjoying a hybrid model which sees staff enjoying the benefits of working both from home and in our vibrant offices. In 2021, we are looking forward to a fresh change with our upcoming move to the new state of the art SEEK building in Cremorne. By joining OES, you’ll not only be joining a booming industry and organisation, but you will be sure to find your place within an organisation who cares about you, your health and well-being, keeping you socially connected whilst investing in your professional development.
We have a guaranteed interest in innovation and the preservation of our values-based culture, and our students and our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a workplace, we use regular feedback and insights from our people to help inform and boost engagement, and have a dedicated team who ensure we are focused on employee well-being, corporate sustainability and socially interactive activities across the year.