Senior Application Developer
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for supporting the evolution of the technology solution and processes that support the entire development and delivery of Online Education Services (OES) products and services.
The Senior Application Developer will work closely with key internal stakeholders to drive the successful automation of unit development processes, including the setup and maintenance of key cloud technology systems to support this. They will manage off the shelf systems as well as build fit for purpose solutions as required to the delivery of the OES technology vision for online learning.
This role will support the Manager, Application Development in providing thought leadership, and options and solutions formulation for the unit development and broader technology space.
Technical skills & experience:
- Advanced with jQuery, jQueryUI, and comfortable with writing custom plugins for these libraries
- Advanced NodeJS knowledge
- Advanced knowledge working with Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with AWS or other similar cloud solution architecture, in particular the setup and maintenance of web servers, databases, CDN’s, and cloud file storage solutions (e.g. AWS EC2, RDS, Cloudfront, Route53, etc.)
- Experience in administrative and technical roles, especially in the design and implementation of web based services
Behavioural skills and experience
- A focus on client-side performance when developing/suggesting solutions
- Comfortable working cross functionality, specifically in the areas of design, development, testing, and support
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to relate effectively to students and academic staff at all levels
- Advanced capability to work independently, and identity when to bring peers and stakeholders on a journey, as well as when to elicit support from senior technical staff for reviews and approvals
Apply now with a cover letter and resume outlining how you would be a great fit for the Senior Application Developer role, and for Online Education Services.