Desktop Support Lead
About Online Education Services (OES)
OES is made up of extraordinary people. Passionate, self-starters who get excited when they’re challenged to solve problems. Our vision is to be the world’s most impactful enabler of online education. We create, develop and enable immersive learning experiences in partnership with universities all around the world to help students learn at their very best. In short, we create positive change in people’s lives every day. Not a bad day’s work.
We are a global business with over 1,300 employees. We carefully select the right mix of passionate people who want to make an impact, deliver best practice and lead change in the education industry. From your very first day we empower you to succeed.
When you work at OES, you’re empowered to impact.
If you want to join a vibrant, people focused culture that’s values led then keep reading.
Service Desk Lead is responsible the day-to-day management of the Service Desk team, and for providing support to all internal OES staff, leading and providing senior technical guidance to the Service Desk team and ensuring complex incidents and requests are escalated to relevant members within the greater IT Team, University partners or third-party technical staff.
You will be responsible for the Service Desk operation as a daily function, enhancing the ticketing system and procedures in line with recommendations from an ITIL Framework.
The role will need to ensure that tickets are recorded accurately, and reporting of IT incidents and requests are in line with ITIL standards to ensure that tickets are prioritised and completed within agreed timeframes.
Maintaining and building on our knowledge base will be key to ensure information is gathered to support internal process and ensure consistency of service to the business.
Responsibilities also include purchasing, vendor relationships and asset & vulnerability management of all endpoints and handhelds.
- Manage the Service Desk Team
- Mentor, lead and provide senior technical guidance to the Service Desk team
- Be the escalation point for internal support queries
- Providing all levels (1-3) of desktop customer support.
- Perform ongoing management of incidents, requests and changes.
- Ensure complex incidents and requests are escalated to relevant members within the greater IT Team, University partners or third-party technical staff.
- Develop policies, procedures and other documentation required to support the Service Desk environment and mature processes.
- Enhance the ticketing system and procedures via the implementation of the ITIL Framework
- Identify opportunities to increase first level resolution and drive customer satisfaction.
- Purchasing of hardware and software as required.
- Maintain up-to-date asset information.
- Assist and drive vulnerability management for endpoints and handhelds.
- Assist in the development and implementation of various support services and processes.
- Be unequivocally customer focused.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in delivering a high level of customer service within an IT desktop support role.
- At least 1+ years’ Service Desk Team Lead experience, developing & maintaining a small team with strong business outcomes.
- Experience in Team Management and Mentoring
- A comprehensive understanding of ITIL principles.
- Strong problem-solving skills and technical capability
- Strong Microsoft and solid fundamental networking experience
- Certification within Microsoft or equivalent technology stack would be viewed favourably
- Experience in maintaining Standard Operation Environments (SOEs), WSUS (server/desktop patching) and application & device management using Microsoft InTune
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team environment and under time pressure.
- Proven documentation skills, along with sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work in situations of uncertainty and ambiguity, and be self-motivated and able to use initiative.
- Further skills which would be advantageous:
- Office 365 and Azure knowledge
- SharePoint Online support and/or administration
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy a big bonus
What’s In It For You?
As an employer, our values underpin everything we do; Agility and Innovation, Passion and Perseverance, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Integrity.
Our students and our people are at the heart of everything we do. But wait, there’s more:
- Career-life balance; where a hybrid, flexible approach to work is offered
- Powered by diversity; We value different perspectives and ideas
- Commitment to investing in your growth and development
- You’re encouraged to be innovative & creative
- People focused culture; Our culture is built around collaboration and teamwork
Are you ready to make an impact?
At OES, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment, where we encourage candidates of any nationality, age, background, disability and gender identity to apply. If you feel aligned to the role and would like to further explore your suitability, we welcome your application and would love to consider your fit for the role at OES.
Apply now with an updated CV.
At OES, we’re all enjoying being able to connect and collaborate in person again through our blended working model of 2 to 3 days in our amazing Cremorne office and the rest from home.
We’re committed to providing a healthy and safe environment for our team members, so you’ll need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team, unless you’re medically exempted. You’ll also need to disclose and evidence your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application.