Effective as from 1 July 2018.
1. Why do you have a Cookies Policy?
The reason we have a Cookies Policy is to explain to you what cookies and similar technologies we use, why we use them, and what you need to do if you want to restrict, block, disable or delete them. Our Cookies Policy is part of, and is subject to, our Privacy Statement and our Website Terms.By accessing and/or using our Website you confirm that you accept the terms of our Cookies Policy.
2. What are cookies and similar technologies?
A cookie is a text file placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other device (“device”) when a person access or uses a website. There are also technologies similar to cookies (e.g. clear gifs) that do the same. Data is collected because it can be necessary to a website’s operation, to assess and/or improve its performance, and/or to provide a personalised experience etc. To find out more about cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/.
3. What if I don’t want cookies and similar technologies?
You can restrict, block, disable or delete cookies and similar technologies. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about how to do that, please visit http://cookies.insites.com/disable-cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
When you access and/or use our Website, we will ask you if you will accept cookies from us and/or our third parties. If you choose not to accept them, or if you accept them but subsequently restrict, block, disable or delete some or all of them, you may not have access to many features that make your experience more efficient and some of our Website may not function properly.
You can also opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites. To find out how you can opt out, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. What cookies collect my data?
We use the following first-party cookies on our Website. They are placed on your device by us.
These cookies are Google Analytics cookies They allow us to collect information about how visitors use our website. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the website. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the website and where visitors have come to the website from and the pages they have visited. These are ‘persistent’ cookies that expire after 2 years.
We use the following third-party cookies on our Website. They are placed on your device by the third parties set out below.
Please note that these cookies are subject to the privacy and cookie policies of the third party placing the relevant cookies.
This is a cookie by Hotjar,a web analytics service that provides services including heatmaps, visitor recordings, funnels and form analysis, feedback polls, surveys and recruiters. This is a ‘session’ cookie and expires when browsing ends.
To opt out, please visit: https://www.hotjar.com/opt-out
5. What similar technologies collect my data?
Similar Technologies Name:
Similar Technologies Name:
This is a web analytics service. It allows Unless to help improve our visitors’ website browsing experience, including:
- Web analytics – Unless websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google. Google Analytics places cookies on your device to help distinguish between different visitors and to analyse how users use our Website.
- Additional web analytics – they use MixPanel, another web analytics service provided by Mixpanel. It gives us additional insights and options to keep you informed based on your actions, to provide the best service possible.
- Functional cookies – Unless websites also place cookies on your device to make navigating the website easier. These cookies are used to allow the website to remember choices you made and provide better, more personal features.
- [Re]marketing – Unless websites can use Google Adwords, an advertising service provided by Google. Google Adwords can place cookies on your computer to track conversions or remarket ads based on your previous visits to our site.
More information on the use by Google Adwords can be found here (https://adwords.google.com/intl/en_uk/home/).
6. What happens if you update your Cookies Policy?
We may update our Cookies Policy from time to time and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our processing of your data, privacy practices and changes in applicable data protections law and regulations. If we make changes to this Cookies Policy, we will post the revised Cookies Policy on our Website and update the “Effective Date” date at the top of this Cookies Policy.
7. What do I do if I have any questions?
To contact us with any questions regarding our Cookies Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.